In my adventurous days, Coq au Vin, equaled a fun position in the back of a car on a Saturday night.
Now it just means, cooking.
So here are some handy steps to add to your favorite recipe.
1) Purchasing tin foil roasting pans for a one time use, are a great way of cutting down on clean up and solving limited storage space.
2) Some of these pans come complete with plastic lids. It's fun to think - "plastic lid on a roasting pan is a great idea, because I am using this pan for Coq au Vin and it requires a lid."
3) Once placed inside the oven and you're checking the dish, it is not a good idea to say "wow, look at that, the lid must have fallen off."
4) If you do think that, you may wish to look for the plastic lid, rather than presume that it is content to sun bath.
5) Once food is out of oven, it should not be of great surprise that the taste is not exactly as one may expect.
6) A few hours later, it is a joy to stare at the splattered, artistic mess that has now dried hard inside the oven.
7) Perhaps not the best idea to exclaim loudly: "Wow that plastic lid melted everywhere in here." While the dish is being eaten by your loved one!
8) Chipping off the hard plastic is reasonably amusing. Please be careful however, as pieces of plastic will fly and slip into areas that can not be reached by hands, fingers, scissors, knives, spatulas, spoons, straws or the aggravated screams of "really?" aimed toward the ceiling.
9) Nor is it a clever idea to decide to switch on the 'hot temperature self cleaning device' in your oven while pieces of plastic remain inside.
10) Then, do not walk away toward your television, even if it is to gaze at George Clooney arriving on the red carpet during the SAG awards.
11) Do remember to turn back and look toward the oven, in order to quickly jump when you find black smoke billowing in the kitchen and a red flame dancing behind the oven glass door.
12) It is a sensible idea, not to think; "it's gas, it's going to blow up, we're all going to die."
13) Nor is it a good idea to remember you have a fire extinguisher beside the oven, yet because you have not read the instructions, it's not worth trying it now!
14) As you timidly open the oven door - do not remember the movie scenes in Towering Inferno or Back-draft, where they show doors opening and hell is actually let loose.
15) If during your life threatening experience, your cat is sitting at your feet with his "you idiot" gaze, it could possibly be a good indication that this is not as dramatic as you feel.
16) Though on saying that about the cat - do not then remember the story about the hospital cat who sat with people just as they were about to die.
1) Plastic is not for use inside a heated oven.
2) Always eat tons of birthday cake, so that you are in constant practice of blowing candles out, just in case you need to ever, huff, puff, blow your flame out.
We never hear of the day when Eleanor Roosevelt said: "forget it, I'm staying in today and watching the garden." Or when Buddh...
I am excited to take part in my first blog hop with other writers and inspired by Libby Mercer. Our invite was to write a post about second...
August 2017, I received a phone call from my dear friend Sally. "Linda has had an accident and it's really bad." Life changed...
I love Christmas, always have and always will. It seemed to arrive quite suddenly this year, beginning in Massachusetts with a mountain of ...